Sunday, May 11, 2008

Angel Max

Angel Max

First I extracted Max from his photo. PSE6 has a nice feature where you can refine the edge after using the new selection tool. Takes a lot less time than all that old fashioned erasing of pixels. Then I put the two overlays on top of the background paper. I locked the transparency on the butterfly overlay and then selected a brush and fished around in the background paper until I found a color that was good for the butterflies. Then I brushed them the blue color. After that I cut the green background paper for behind the frame strip and lowered the opacity on that. Then put the wings behind Max and used the perspective transform tool and tried to get the wings to look good. I erased the butterfly antennas. After that I journaled and added a stroke of color on the text to make it easier to read.

No comments: