Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Keeping me company

Keeping me company

First I duplicated the half circle, rotated it by flipping it horizontally, and then moved it so that it made a circle with the first layer. Then I merged those two layers and duplicated the circle. Pulled the second circle a little bigger and then cut a circle out of the green paper after I rotated the paper by 90 degrees (to make the grain different from the beige background paper). For the flowers, I used the element over the sketch on the paper, but that left some open space on the background paper, so I duplicated the flower element and made the second layer smaller and fit it in the corner until I liked how it looked. Just added drop shadows to all the elements after that, except for the font that I gave a tiny bevel to.

For about a month last year I searched for some lost negatives... In this photo I had a hope chest open and was going through everything there... I keep alot of my old photography stuff there so I was quite hopeful. The cats decided to spend some time sleeping while I worked and when I took a break I got this photo.

No comments: