Saturday, March 17, 2007

Lucky Hat

Lucky Hat

First I cut a space out of the flower background paper (made two different layers) and put the dark black background paper under those. Lowered the opacity on the gold scroll element and then duplicated and rotated 90 degrees three times and moved them until I had gold scroll all the way around the frame of the inner flower background paper. On the holes with ribbon element I magic wanded the inner hole with contiguous checked; then expanded the selection by 10 pixels and then hit the delete key after I changed to the photograph layer. Did that on both holes. Then I interacted the wire and hanging wire elements by duplicating both; putting the item they interact with in between and the removing the underneath part on the top layer and adding drop shadow to the lower layer. And finally, I used the DSP carved text style on the date in the photo.

We were just fooling around taking photos with the hat that my son was given in school the day before.

No comments: